Subnet Services ROV Pilot Premium-S Training Course (ROV04S)
Subnet Services is very optimistic about the Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) industry these days and couldn’t have been prouder to offer our ROV training courses particularly Commercial Oilfield ROV Pilot Technician Premium-S (ROV04S), which is the entry level ROV program designed for new entrants to the industry.
ROV04S Course Overview
If you want to penetrate the industry of ROV, then ROV04S is the course for you. You don’t actually need to have any electronic technical certification to qualify for this training. You only have to devote seven (7) weeks to take this course at our training center.
The content of this course is in line with guidance documents such as the following:
- R1002 – ROV Familiarisation Basic Introductory Module
- R010 – Basic ROV Pilot Technician Module
- R04 – ROV Pilot Technician Grade 2 (IMCA R04 Competency Training Module)
- SNR04 – SubNet Hydraulics, Electrical, and HV Safety
- SNR1005 – Electronics for ROV Pilot Technicians
- TEL2001 – Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT)
ROV04S Course Competencies
Upon your completion of the ROV04S course, you will demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and awareness of the following:
ROV Familiarisation Basic Introductory Module Content
- Changes issues and standards
- Offshore hazard identification
- Subsea equipment
- Typical offshore operations and installations
Basic ROV Pilot Technician Module Content
- High voltage electricity
- Electricity in hazardous areas
- ROV launch and recovery systems (LARS)
- Rigging and slinging
Likewise, finishing the ROV04S course will help you develop competencies that will enable you to:
ROV Pilot Technician Grade 2
- Locate all relevant health, safety, and quality procedures at the worksite
- Read and demonstrate an understanding of Company Emergency Procedure documents and where to find them
- Navigate a ROV to work site in normal environmental conditions
- Assist with the completion of pre-dive checks of a ROV
Subnet Hydraulics, Electrical, and HV Safety Module Content
- Identify all electrical components in a typical ROV system and describe their functions.
- Safely test cables for faults and test after change out
- Identify all components on a typical ROV hydraulic system and describe their function
- Perform maintenance activities like replacing oil, filters, top-up, etc.
Electronics for ROV Pilot Technicians Module Content
- Identify all electronic components in a typical ROV and describe their functions
- Read electronic schematics
- Test electronic boards and replace them
Certified Fiber Optics Technician Module Content
- Understand the history and operation of fiber optics
- Test fiber optic cables for faults
- Isolate the fiber optic cable from the umbilical
- Prepare, splice, and terminate fiber optic cables
All these are just some of the competencies that you will gain upon completing the ROV04S course. To view the complete course competencies, you may download our ROV04S course brochure for your reference.
NOTE: Since the CFOT course is included in the ROV04S training program, you will be given a Fiber Optic Association (FOA) certification once you successfully passed the FOA exam. In other words, you will be a Certified Fiber Optic Technician aside from being a ROV Pilot Technician.
ROV04S Course Schedule
In case you are interested to train in ROV04S soon, you can refer to our first half of the year schedule below:
March 16 to May 1, 2020
April 13 to May 29, 2020
May 4 to June 19, 2020
June 1 to July 10, 2020
June 22 to July 31, 2020
As the first to offer the ROV Pilot Technician course in the Philippines, Subnet Services is delighted to have you as our next ROV trainee. Do you need more information about our ROV04S course? Just fill out the form below, click submit, and our Customer Sales Representative will reach out to you immediately.