Enroll Now in Subnet Services’ CFOT Course!
Subnet Services is pleased to tell you that the global fiber optics industry is booming and predicted to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of around 10% for the 2019-2023 period.
So if you are planning to upgrade your skills and level up your fiber optics career, taking a fiber optics training couldn’t be more timely this 2019. Similarly, if you are from a different industry and would like to start a new career in fiber optics, we suggest that you first take the Fiber Optic Association (FOA) certification for general fiber optics applications – Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) course.
CFOT Course Overview
The CFOT course is designed for anyone interested in becoming a Fiber Optics Technician or who needs to understand or use fiber optic technology within his/her job. You can qualify for this training as long as you are computer literate.
This program combines both theory and practical exercises with at least 75% hands-on activities and introduces you to industry standards governing fiber to the desk (FTTD), fiber to the home (FTTH), local area network/wide area network (LAN/WAN), as well as practical fusion and mechanical splicing.
After taking the CFOT course, you will gain the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) in fiber optics. You can then apply these KSAs to almost any job in any field such as outside plant cabling, premises cabling, cable manufacturing, and so forth.
To provide students with hands-on knowledge and ability to identify fiber types, to recognize various connectors used in fiber installation, as well as to install, terminate, splice, and properly fault test installed fiber cable to existing standards
The CFOT course is conducted at Subnet Services’ technical training center in Manila, Philippines OR our team of technical training instructors will come to you and deliver the training at your preferred location (the latter is for interested companies only with required number of students).
Three (3) days including FOA certification examination
CFOT Course Content
Day 1 of the CFOT Training
- Introduction to fiber optics
- History and future of fiber optics networking
- Fiber to the desk
- Fiber to the home
- Fiber optics networking
- Fiber optics safety
- Beginning of hands-on session
Day 2 of the CFOT Training
- Fiber optics networking standards
- FOA-CFOT, Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI), and Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certifications
- Fiber optics cable and connector identification
- Outside plant cable introduction
- Continuation of hands-on session – termination of fiber connector, splicing (mechanical and fusion), design and installation of fiber cabling, and introduction to splicing
Day 3 of the CFOT Training
- Outside plant fiber cable preparation, termination, and testing
- Introduction to basic Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) functions
- Fiber to the desk
- Use of the OTDR, power source, and light meter functions
- Continuity testing, tools, and equipment
- Fiber optics safety
- Competency assessment, results and review, conclusion of FOA certification exam
CFOT Course Competencies
Using Subnet Services’ quality fusion splicing machines and other professional tools, you will prove your competence in the following:
- Understanding the history and operation of fiber optics
- Terminating a variety of connectors
- Performing fusion splicing and mechanical splicing
- Performing cable preparation for fusion and mechanical splicing
- Assembling a splice enclosure
- Fully testing and troubleshooting fiber optic cables and fiber optic systems using an OTDR
All these are just some of the competencies that you will gain upon completing the CFOT course. To view the complete course competencies, you may download our CFOT course brochure for your reference.
CFOT Course Certification
Subnet certification will be released after completion of the course. A FOA certification is immediately given once exam is passed.
Note: Starting January 1, 2019, all FOA certifications issued or renewed will be for a period of three years
CFOT Course 2019 Schedule
In case you are interested to train in CFOT soon, you can refer to our first quarter schedule below:
January 21 to 23, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
January 28 to 30, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
February 1 to 3, 2019 (Friday to Sunday)
February 4 to 6, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
February 11 to 13, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
February 18 to 20, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
February 25 to 27, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
March 4 to 6, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
March 11 to13, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
March 18 to 20, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
March 25 to 27, 2019 (Monday to Wednesday)
March 29 to 31, 2019 (Friday to Sunday)
As the only FOA-approved school in Metro Manila, Subnet Services is delighted to have you as our next fiber optics trainee. For more enquiries about our CFOT course, you may reach out to our Customer Sales Team.
Be trained and internationally certified!
Only here at Subnet Services.