Subnet High Voltage and Fiber Optics Training Course (SN/R04/001CFOT)
Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) supplementary courses are designed for personnel who are already working in the ROV industry and are either (1) working in the industry but may not have or may need additional training that is included in the given modules or (2) entry level ROV personnel who may have taken a ROV course that did not include the training required in the given modules.
Today, we are featuring one of Subnet’s ROV supplementary courses called High Voltage and Fiber Optics for ROV Pilot Technicians (Module Number: SN/R04/001CFOT).
SN/R04/001CFOT Course Overview
SN/R04/001CFOT is a one-week training for personnel in the ROV industry who are not yet competent in high voltage, fiber optics, and their relationship with ROV operations (or perhaps those who have been mechanical technicians only). It is conducted at our ROV training premises in Subic Bay (Zambales, Philippines), just like the rest of our ROV courses.
SN/R04/001CFOT Course Modules
The Fiber Optic Association (FOA) accredited Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) module in this course is designed for anyone interested in becoming a Fiber Optic Technician or who needs to understand or use fiber technology within their job like ROV Pilot Technician.
- SNR04001 – Subnet High Voltage and High Voltage Safety
- TEL2001 – Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT)
SN/R04/001CFOT Course Competencies
Upon your completion of the SN/R04/001CFOT course, you will demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and awareness of the following:
Subnet High Voltage and High Voltage Safety (SNR04001)
- Knowledge of various electrical test equipment like multimeter and megaohmmeters
- Knowledge of ROV electrical systems like power supply, lighting, and thrusters
- Knowledge of electric motor thrusters
- Knowledge of ROV cables
- Ability to identify all electrical components in a typical ROV system and describe their functions
- Ability to safely test cables for faults and test after change out
- Ability to perform electrical isolation using safety procedure
- Ability to test electrical components and replace them
Certified Fiber Optics Technician – CFOT (TEL2001)
- Knowledge of use of optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) for cable fault diagnosis
- Knowledge and use of equipment for mechanical splicing
- Knowledge and use of equipment for fusion splicing
- Ability to test fiber optic cables for faults
- Ability to isolate the fiber optic cable from the umbilical
- Ability to prepare, splice, and terminate fiber optic cables
All these are just some of the competencies that you will gain upon completing this course. To view the complete course competencies, you may download our SN/R04/001CFOT course brochure for your reference.
SN/R04/001CFOT Course 2019 Schedule
Interested to take the SN/R04/001CFOT very soon? Here’s our first half of the year schedule:
February 21 to 27, 2019 (Thursday and Friday, Monday to Wednesday)
March 7 to 13, 2019 (Thursday and Friday, Monday to Wednesday)
March 18 to 22, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
March 21 to 27, 2019 (Thursday and Friday, Monday to Wednesday)
April 1 to 5, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
April 4 to 10, 2019 (Thursday and Friday, Monday to Wednesday)
April 15 to 19, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
April 18 to 24, 2019 (Thursday and Friday, Monday to Wednesday)
April 29 to May 3, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
If you need more information about our SN/R04/001CFOT course, you may reach out to our Customer Sales Team.