Subnet Services Outside Plant Fiber Optics Training Course (CFOS/O)
Today, Subnet Services features one of our fiber optics training courses called Certified Outside Plant Fiber Optics. CFOS/O is a two-day training that focuses on familiarization with the technology and processes involved in the installation of outside plant (OSP) networks. You can combine this course with our Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) course for a total of five (5) days.
Outside Plant Training Course Overview
Through CFOS/O, Subnet Services aims to teach our students the practical aspects of fiber optics design, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of OSP fiber optics cable systems. In addition, this program improves the knowledge of each student with some training/experience on CFOT. Moreover, it focuses on familiarization with the technology and processes involved in the installation of OSP networks.
- Computer literacy
- CFOT training and certification
Subnet conducts CFOS/O training at our technical training center in Pasig City, Philippines. However, our team of technical training instructors may come to you and deliver this training at your preferred location. Please take note though that the said training option is for interested companies only with required number of students.
Two (2) days including Fiber Optic Association (FOA) certification examination
Outside Plant Training Course Content
- Review of optical fiber technology
- OSP general installation guidelines and safety
- Installation methods of outside plant
- OSP components (fiber type, cables, hardware)
- Hands-on session and case studies
- Competency assessment, conclusion, and FOA certification exam and evaluation
Outside Plant Training Course Competencies
With 70% hands-on training, CFOS/O students will prove their competence in the following:
- What is fiber optics and how is it used in outside plant
- How is it used in communications
- How does a fiber optic link transmit signals
- What are the components used in fiber optic cable plants
- How are fiber optic cables spliced and terminated
- How does one test a fiber optic cable plant or network
- What is involved in designing a fiber optic network
- How are fiber optic cable plants installed
To view the complete course competencies, you may download our CFOS/O course brochure for your reference.
If you have the interest to train in CFOS/O soon, kindly click this link to view our full-year schedule: bit.ly/CFOSO2020
Do you want to book CFOS/O? For more enquiries, you may reach out to our Customer Sales Team.