Enroll Now in Subnet Services’ ROV1005CFOT Course!
As the first training school to offer the ROV Pilot Technician course in the Philippines, Subnet Services understands that all ROV students have different backgrounds and training needs that’s why we provide a wide range of ROV trainings that are further categorized into entry, advanced, and supplementary levels.
For this week, we will be featuring the Electronics and Fiber Optics for ROV Pilot Technicians (Module Number: ROV1005CFOT) training course.
ROV1005CFOT Course Overview
ROV1005CFOT is one of Subnet’s ROV supplementary courses designed for personnel who are already working in the ROV industry. These personnel are either (1) working in the industry, but may not have or may need additional training that is included in the given modules or (2) entry level ROV personnel who may have taken an ROV course that did not include the training required in the given modules.
ROV1005CFOT is a two-week course that covers theory and hands-on activities and delivers competences relating to ROV electronics. If you will take this course, you will build and test your very own working ROV model by flying it underwater. Like all our ROV courses, ROV1005CFOT will be conducted at our ROV training premises in Subic Bay (Zambales, Philippines).
ROV1005CFOT Course Modules
The Fiber Optic Association (FOA) accredited Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) module in this course is designed for anyone interested in becoming a Fiber Optic Technician or who needs to understand or use fiber technology within their job like ROV Pilot Technician.
- SNR1005 – Electronics for ROV Pilot Technicians
- TEL2001 – Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT)
ROV1005CFOT Course Competencies
Upon your completion of the ROV1005CFOT course, you will demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and awareness of the following:
Electronics for ROV Pilot Technicians (SNR1005)
- Knowledge of basic electronic principles
- Knowledge of ROV electronics systems layout
- Knowledge of use of electronic measuring instruments
- Ability to identify all electronic components in a typical ROV and describe their functions
- Ability to test electronic boards and replace them
- Ability to read electronic schematics
Certified Fiber Optics Technician (TEL2001)
- Knowledge of fiber optic principles
- Knowledge and use of equipment for mechanical splicing
- Knowledge of use of Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) for cable fault diagnosis
- Ability to prepare, splice and terminate fiber optic cables
- Ability to isolate the fiber optic cables from the umbilical
- Ability to test fiber optic cables for faults
- Understanding the history and operation of fiber optics
All these are just some of the competencies that you will gain upon completing the ROV1005CFOT course. To view the complete course competencies, you may download our ROV1005CFOT course brochure for your reference.
ROV1005CFOT Course 2019 Schedule
Interested to take the ROV1005CFOT very soon? Here’s our first half of the year schedule:
February 25 to March 15, 2019
March 25 to April 12, 2019
April 8 to April 26, 2019
May 6 to May 24, 2019
May 20 to June 7, 2019
June 17 to July 5, 2019
If you need more information about our ROV1005CFOT course, you may reach out to our Customer Sales Team.