Enroll Now in Structured Cabling Training Course, CPCT
As the only Fiber Optic Association (FOA) approved school in Metro Manila, Subnet Services proudly offers the Certified Premises Cabling Technician training, which is one of the basic or first level FOA certifications (along with Certified Fiber Optic Technician – CFOT) designed for anyone aiming to achieve a level of competence in Structured Cabling.
Get to know more about this course in this week’s blog entry.
CPCT Course Overview
CPCT is a five-day course that covers the technology of communications and cabling, fiber optics and fiber optic networks, as well as design and installation of premises networks. Simply put, it is the FOA certification for designers, installers, and operators of premises cabling networks.
Premises cabling refers to generally customer-owned building or campus cabling used for the following: local area networks of computers (LANs), security systems (CCTV and alarms), building management systems, distributed antenna systems (DAS for cellular and WiFi), and other applications like industrial systems and electrical distribution management systems. Like CFOT, you are qualified to take this course as long as you are computer literate and have an interest in becoming a premises cabling technician.
Based on FOA itself, the CPCT course also provides as an excellent training for IT or security personnel responsible for the operations of premises cabling networks. Nevertheless, most CPCTs will work as contractors and installers of premises cabling networks.
Subnet Services’ mission is to provide our students with hands-on knowledge, ability, competence, and certification to install design and troubleshoot structured premises cabling and wireless LAN installations. The students will then be able to identify types, solutions, recognize various installation requirements, install, terminate, splice, and properly fault test installations to existing standards.
The CPCT course is conducted at Subnet Services’ technical training center in Manila, Philippines OR our team of technical training instructors will come to you and deliver the training at your preferred location (the latter is for interested companies only with required number of students).
Five (5) days including FOA certification examination
CPCT Course Session
Introduction to the Technology of Communications and Cabling
– Overview of communications technology (How telephone, CCTV, CATV, and computer networks LAN use cabling and wireless to communicate)
– Standards for cabling and wireless installations
UTP and Coax Cabling
– Standard copper components used for cabling installations
UTP Cabling Installation (with Hands-on)
– Identifying and handling cables, pulling cables, and preparing cables for termination
Testing UTP (with Hands-On)
– Test requirements, procedures, specifications, and standards
– Test equipment types and applications
– Instructions and practice in performing basic tests
Basics of Fiber Optics and Fiber Optic Networks
– Understanding the basics of fiber optic technology, components, and applications
– Industry standards (What standards apply to the cable plant, installation, and testing)
– Safety (How to handle and install fiber optic components safely)
– How fiber optics is used in telecom, datacom, CAT networks, CCTV, security, process control, etc.
– Basics of fiber optic network cable plant design
Fiber Optic Terminations and Splices
– Connector types, terminating, fusion and mechanical splices, and installation tools
– Cable plant hardware is also covered (Using real fusion splicing machine, etc.)
Fiber Optic Termination and Installation (with Hands-On)
– Installing and terminating fiber optic cables
Fiber Optic Testing Test Procedures, Specifications, and Standards
– Fiber optic test equipment types, specifications, and applications
– Instructions in performing basic tests, OTDR use, etc.
– How wireless is used in premises cabling and how it works with cabling
– Wireless equipment and testing
Design and Installation
– Overview of design and installation of premises networks
Review and Certification Testing
– Review of major issues in preparation for the FOA CPCT exam
– Administer and grade the exam (Exam is a closed-book multiple choice type)
– There is no time limit, but most students should finish the exam within one hour
– Issuance of the FOA certification
CPCT Course Competencies
After a five-day duration of CPCT training, you will have demonstrated basic knowledge of premises cabling and communications networks. This includes copper cabling, fiber optics, and wireless systems, as well as skills and abilities in the installation processes used in the industry. Other competencies are as follows:
- Understanding of the standards for cabling installations
- Knowledge of the standard copper components used for cabling installations
- Ability to identify and handle cables, pull cables, prepare cables for termination
- Understanding of the test requirements, procedures, specifications, and standards
- Knowledge of using the different types of test equipment and their applications and performing basic tests
- Understanding of the basics of fiber optic technology, components, and applications
- Knowledge of the industry standards and what standards apply to the cable plant, installation, and testing
- Ability to handle and install fiber optic components safely
To view the complete course competencies, you may download our CPCT course brochure for your reference.
CPCT Course Certification
Subnet certification will be released after the completion of the course. A FOA certification is immediately given once exam is passed. Note: Starting January 1, 2019, all FOA certifications issued or renewed will be for a period of three years.
CPCT Course 2019 Schedule
In case you are interested to train in CPCT soon, you can refer to our first half of the year schedule below:
March 4 to 8, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
April 8 to 12, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
May 6 to 10, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
June 3 to 7, 2019 (Monday to Friday)
Do you want to book this course? Subnet Services is delighted to have you as our next CPCT trainee. For more enquiries, you may reach out to our Customer Sales Team.
Be trained and internationally certified!
Only here at Subnet Services.